Necklipo Post Instructions in Newport Beach and Beverly Hills
POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR NECK LIPOSUCTION PATIENTS
- The incision is usually covered with tape. If tape falls off, then clean the suture line 4 times daily with hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip, gently rolling the Q-tip over the suture line to remove any dried blood, then apply a thin layer of Vaseline or Bacitracin antibiotic ointment. It is not necessary to continue these cleanings throughout the night.
- It is common for the swelling and bruising to increase in the neck region 2-3 days following surgery. It is strongly recommended that you use cold compresses (wash cloths soaked in ice water) during the first 24-48 hours to help keep the swelling to a minimum. Please do not directly apply ice to the area.
- Watch for any abnormal swelling in the neck region shaped like a “goose egg” that feels firm or fluid filled. If this happens, please contact us at 949.650.8882, as this may indicate a collection of fluid under the skin and may need to be drained by Dr. Batniji.
- Shower at least once a day, shampooing your hair (with baby shampoo only). Prior to showering, remove the wrap dressing that Dr. Batniji placed in the office; this is an excellent opportunity to evaluate the neck for any fluid collections. After showering, replace the wrap dressing; Dr. Batniji and staff will show you how to apply the dressing on your office visit the day after your procedure. If the dressing loosens during the day, please replace it. It is important that the dressing is smooth against the skin and snug to minimize the potential for contour irregularities and/or fluid collection formations.
- Keep your head elevated at all times for the first week of recovery. We recommend sleeping on 2-3 pillows at night.
- Avoid turning your head from side to side. Turn with your whole upper body.
- Please do not bend forward, strain or lift anything during the first week of recovery.
- DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN or IBUPROFEN PRODUCTS AS THESE MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF BLEEDING.
- Do not take narcotic medication on an empty stomach as this may make you feel nauseous.
- It is helpful to wean yourself off of the pain medication as soon as possible. Try taking Tylenol in place of the narcotic medication. Please be aware of the maximum recommended daily dose of acetaminophen (active ingredient in both Tylenol and narcotic pain medication).
- Dr. Batniji will place a neck wrap on you immediately following your procedure. The day after your procedure, Dr. Batniji will remove this neck wrap and replace it with a lighter wrap. You are to wear this wrap at all times for 1 week after the procedure. You may remove this wrap to shower. After the first week, Dr. Batniji may instruct you to wear the wrap dressing at night for another 2-3 weeks.
- One week after surgery, Dr. Batniji will remove your sutures.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 949.650.8882.