I am 35 years old, female and have a different sort of problem. I have very long, wobbly earlobes. This makes wearing pierced earrings impossible because it draws attention to the lobes. Is this a problem that can be fixed? I have never heard of earlobe repair and hope that you can do it.

You have 2 options for earlobe repair. One is to make the earlobe smaller by removing excess tissue from the earlobe. Another option is the injection of filler material (hyaluronic acid) into the earlobe to make it stiffer; however, this option does not make the earlobe smaller.

Posted by Rami K. Batniji, M.D., F.A.C.S.